MIKE BARTH'S NASAA HOME PAGE
Updated January 2001
Welcome to my web page on the NASAA site. I spent 9 years on active duty from 1973 to 1982 and followed that up with 4 years in the active reserve. It was a good time, although perhaps I did not think so at the time. When I left active duty in 1982, I only intended to take a short break. I joined the Army after taking early graduation from high school -- literally, I was in class one day, in the Army the next. So I was going to take a year off and see what the fuss was about out in the civilian world. My buddies at Fort Bragg told me I wouldn't last 6 months in the civilian world. That was 18 years ago, and I guess I was right. However, I still feel a strong bond with the people that I served with in the Army and in the ASA, and that bond is still stronger than any bond I've forged with anyone else in all the ensuing years..
I'm still not done posting Fort Bragg pictures and stories from my 400th SOD days, but I did get started and there is something out there now. One of these days, I'll get it finished, but there are so many stories to tell and so little time to tell them. They also come back to me more easily over a couple of beers, but by that time I can't figure out the computer.
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
Return to NASAA Home Page
Return to NASAA Member Mega Site to look through other member personal pages.
Click on the appropriate icon to take you to one of my subpages.
Fort Devens pictures
Field Station Korea
24th Division ATSE, Fort Stewart, GA
265th ASA Company, Fort Campbell, KY
400th ASA SOD, Fort Bragg, NC
Go to Member Web Site Index
Return to NASAA Home Page
My Army Career
- Basic Training with D-8-2, Ft. Jackson SC, Mar-Jun 73
- AIT, Army Security Agency Traffic Analyst, Ft. Devens MA, Jun-Aug 73
- USASA Field Station Korea, Camp Humprheys ROK, Nov 73-Dec 75
- ASA Tactical Support Element, 24th Infantry Division, Ft. Stewart GA, Dec 75 - Aug 76
- Defense Language Institute, Arabic Language Course, Presidio of Monterey CA, Sep 76 - Sep 77
- 265th ASA Company, 101st Airborne Division, Ft Campbell KY, Sep 77 - Apr 79
- Airborne Training, Ft Benning GA, June 1979 (the longest 4 weeks of my life)
- Special Forces Training, Ft Bragg NC, Jul 79 - Jan 80
- 400th ASA Special Operations Detachment, Ft Bragg NC, Jan 80 - Feb 82
- ETS February 1982 to take a year off (my buddies said I wouldn't last six months).
- Reserve duty with B Company, 3rd Battalion, 11th SF Group, Columbus GA, 1983-1986
Transition to Civilian Life
- Beach Bum on St. George Island, Florida, Feb 82 - Aug 82
- Crab fisherman until the money ran out
- Beautiful suntan in the meantime
- Crew on a swordfish boat in the Gulf of Mexico
- Roofer (roofer?!? how did that happen?)
- Door-to-door book salesman (just keeps getting better, doesn't it?)
- Professional student (used up every dollar of the GI Bill -- thanks, Uncle Sugar!)
Married With Children
Married to Cindy Redman 8/29/87
Stuart Michael Barth, born 10/6/90
Caitlin Elizabeth Barth, born 3/17/95
Erin Ellise Barth, born 10/13/93
My Civilian Career
- Actuarial Analyst to Auto Insurance Product Manager, Moore Group, Atlanta GA, 1986-1989
- Auto Insurance Product Manager, Stonewall/Dixie Insurance Companies, Birmingham AL, 1989-1990
- Graduate School, Georgia State University, Atlanta GA 1990-1992
- Program Director, Associate in Underwriting, American Institute for CPCU/Insurance Institute of America, Malvern PA, 1992-1993
- Senior Research Associate, National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC), Kansas City MO, 1993-1998
- Assistant Professor of Finance, Georgia Southern University, Statesboro GA, 1998-?
Vita Sheet (sort of like a resume, but more B.S. and a list of published academic articles that nobody has every read).
Click HERE to see what I look like today.
Here's a link to my Georgia Southern University Bio Page